Thursday, July 07, 2005

Lunch Fairy

The only meal worse to deal with on a daily basis than dinner, is lunch. It can get very boring very fast. There are just so many peanut butter and jelly sandwiches you can eat before you go running from the house screaming.

Lunch takes too much time to prepare for the result. It's not a large meal...just a little something to keep the tummy grumblies away.

If you are away from home all day at work, lunch is a pain. Where to go TODAY? Or which Lean Cuisine do I toss into the microwave to eat at my desk? At home, it's not much better. Open a can of something. Peanut butter between bread. Look at the leftovers and think "we could have that for dinner if I don't have it for lunch".

More than a dinner fairy, I need a lunch fairy. She would bring something light, but tasty. Low in calories, high in good for me stuff. It would be something new every day. At the very least, her menu would be extensive.

*sigh* I think I'll go fix a peanut butter and jam sandwich now.

God Bless the United Kingdom and keep them in His arms.

No comments: