Saturday, July 30, 2005

Doppleganger

Legend tells that we all have a twin somewhere. Many times I have been given proof that this is, in fact, a fact.

Recently a woman walked into the knit shop and I would have sworn on all that is holy that Betsy had just walked in. As I watched her and listened to her... I was POSITIVE that this woman was Betsy. Except for the not so minor detail... Betsy died several years ago. So that was a freaky experience.

I have been friends with Elaine for several years. We hit it off right away. And EVERY SINGLE TIME I talk with her on the phone.... I get discombobulated.... the sound of her voice, her word choice, her voice inflection.... all that stuff.... she IS Jennifer. Jennifer and I have been friends since 1981. (We'll just leave it at that and not count the years...) It is quite confusing. I waffle back and forth on whether or not Elaine and Jennifer should meet. Maybe they should...but I think it might make my head spin.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

I want to see your brain explode. I think I should meet Jennifer. I'll bring the Clorox wipes in case we have a mess on our hands... (from your brain. Oh, no -- wait. That would be MY brain all over the wall, too, since we share one. Hm. Maybe this isn't such a great idea.)

OK, scratch that. I shouldn't meet Jennifer. Because, after all, since I *AM* Jennifer, it would be impossible. Kinda like how Janet and Michael have never been seen in the same place at the same time. Because they're the SAME PERSON.

Or not.