Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Little Yellow Bug

Yea. I love my bug. A 2003 New Beetle in Sunflower Yellow, to be specific. I am deeply disappointed it doesn't have a name. I'm not sure of its gender, thus no name....

But on nights that it is, according to my little yellow bug, 88 degrees and I'm sitting in road construction traffic on the Boulevard blasting Steppenwolf out my Monsoon sound system at a bazillion decibles and getting a friendly wave from the road construction workers ..... THOSE are the best times.

Hitting the gas when I clear the 25mph zone and taking the traffic "calming" circle at 40mph and my little yellow bug hugging the curve like he (or she?) was locked in a lover's embrace.... well, my friends.... That's just SWEET.

Yea... a magic carpet ride....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get a similar feeling in my 1989 Honda with 244,000+ miles and the original clutch!

Although I don't have Steppenwolf crankin'...currently it's Madonna's "Immaculate Collection."

Anonymous said...

I call my VW bug "Gimlet". It is lime green.

ced

Nancy D. said...

So, mom, I suppose I should call mine... Lemon Drop? LOL!

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me.

ced