Thursday, October 13, 2005

Mother In Law

My Mother In Law has a job. I would tell you what it is, but I may have to kill you if I do. I'm not sure. So.... I won't, just in case.

But this job takes her to exotic locations on occasion. San Francisco. Washington D.C. Mare Island. (might've heard about Mare Island today. Big fire there last night. Wine warehouse. Rare and expensive wines up in smoke....)

The Phillapines. Guam. Hawaii.

RARELY do we know of her leavings until perhaps a postcard arrives for a granddaughter. A small gift.... Or just "when I was in Guam last month..." We knew she was in Hawaii recently because when called on her birthday and asked "what are you going to do for your birthday" she said something about walking on the beach.

Ok. NOT in Reno.... check.

But evidence of a trip to Hawaii has been arriving. Yesterday it was a necklace for Emma.

Today, it was six cans of Mauna Loa Macadamia nuts.

Judy loves us.

Chocolate cookies with chopped macadamia nuts.....hmmmm.....

6 comments:

livingwilde said...

Hey! So that would be me! In Reno! Well, Tahoe. At Squaw Creek. Do I remember that you live in Northern California, b/c if you're close, you should drop everything and have dinner with me one night! I even have an extra queen size bed. You don't get that offer every day. ... Or... I don't, anyway! :-)

Nancy D. said...

Uh....

When?

Run away to Tahoe for a quickie? ;) Hmmmmm.......

Elaine said...

Careful, Nancy. Steph's an axe murderer.

livingwilde said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nancy D. said...

This is Steph's comment. MINUS her cell phone number for all the OTHER axe murderers to see....

" LOL. Not an axe murdered, but I inspire people to do silly things. Like teddy tea parties.. I'm here now. Just got here. I (being geographically challenged) didn't realize it was anywhere near Sacramento. I'm here through Wednesday night. I'm actually at the Resort at Squaw Creek, which is beautiful.

livingwilde said...

I'm telling you. Come on!