Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Bad at Math

No shocking relevation there. And no, this isn't the first step in fixing that problem... But it's the reason I've chosen 10 months. It's easier to divide 50 by 10 than it is by 12.

Fifty pounds LESS in 10 months. That's 5 pounds a month. Later today I will toodle myself over to Kaiser and get a print out for my weight and body fat percentage. I shall make many copies and post them about the house. Fridge. Pantry. I probably should put one on my computer to remind me to get OFF my butt and do something. Yesterday, I bought myself a pedometer. It says I've had over 10,000 steps so far today. I suppose my morning walk and adding a trip over to Bel Air made THAT happen. Sadly, that only equals about 400 calories. Oh well, better than sitting on my ever expanding arse.

But in one year from today I will be 40. I will NOT be 40 and fat. I'm hoping that 50 pounds will do that for me. Kaiser will tell me later......

(oh....and feel free to link to this if you are so moved by the Blog Gods)

3 comments:

Sue said...

I've seen you. If you have 50 to lose, then I have 100.

Let's both split the difference and try for 20, eh? :)

Elaine said...

Yeah, Nancy -- are you sure you won't look sick if you lose that much weight?

Sure, I'd LOVE to weigh 130. But truly, when I weigh less than 135 people start asking me if I've been ill.

(No proximity to 135 currently, however... Drat.)

Nancy D. said...

I will have to post my "damn, I was a fat bride" photo. That was 50 pounds ago.

My 13 year old child, who is as tall as I am now, weighs what I weighed on our wedding day. And what I weighed when I was a freshman in high school.

She does not look ill.

It's all in the ass.....