Friday, March 07, 2008

Nerves

Or is that just "nerve"????

Oh, say, can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hail'd at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, thro' the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watch'd, were so gallantly streaming?
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof thro' the night that our flag was still there.
O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

That's really not a lot of words.

I can remember them all.... right?

In the right order.....right?

WITH the right notes.... IN the right places..... right?

What WAS I thinking when I signed up to audition to sing at a River Cats game???

Two weeks..... I have two weeks to get my nerves and my voice into shape......

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't Mrs. James just drop her teeth if she knew?!!!
Mom

Menjiness said...

Looking forward to you giving all the way so I can drive up to see you start the game!

Violet said...

You are going to do fabulous. And you'd better tell us when the game is - I have frequent flyer miles to burn...

Martha in CA said...

Uhhhhh...what day/time is all this sangin' gonna start? I see a couple open dates on the calendar...

Lee said...

It will be put on youtube won't it? Gotta share, Nancy!