Thursday, January 12, 2006

My Youngest Child

A few minutes ago I lemmulated a blog entry because I had nothing to say.... Then my youngest child came downstairs, dressed for school.....

This child has many friends. She really doesn't have anyone who doesn't like her. She is friends with nearly every person she meets. She's having a hard time being less friendly to a toxic child in her class.... Everyone Loves Emma. This has not made her an egomaniac or a prima donna or anything like that. Other moms have told me how Emma never gets caught up in the drama of being in 5th grade and who likes who and all that. One of the moms said "Oh yea...you probably didn't hear about that... Emma just doesn't let it bother her and just goes with the flow, never taking sides...." Oh. Ok. (EXCELLENT)

It is for this reason that I don't really police her clothing choices. The biggest issue we have is that she would like to wear her strappy heels to school. I say no. I win. But there are many many days that I look at her and think "Anyone else would get their ass kicked for wearing that. Anyone else would be laughed at. Anyone else would be mortified to be seen in that get up." But not Emma. Not my budding fashion designer....

Today's outfit......from the toes to the head....

Sketcher sneakers. Totally ok.
Jeans. Totally ok.
Top: Her pink fuzzy fleece like turtleneck tank top. Kinda cool for sleeveless...but ok.
Jacket: Denim jacket. Good choice.

Then we go.....wonky....

OVER the denim jacket is a green and pink crocheted poncho with a pink fun fur knitted scarf. Yes. OVER the jacket.......

On her head? The knit beanie I made for her. Which is fine, except she has her hair up and it looks like she has some sort of horrid monster tumor on her head cause the beanie stretches enough to go over the updo.

Why she didn't wear her pink suede/fleece knee high boots...... I don't know. It would have REALLY pulled the outfit together....

I love that kid. She makes me laugh most every day. Often at her choice of outfits for school.... but apparently I'm the only one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Save this someway - in 15-20 years, when she is famous, bring it out and see how far ahead of her time she is. Just looking at her makes me laugh also. In a good way.
ced